Wednesday, January 27, 2010

New Year, New Purse

I felt it was a good day for a lighter post.

By my  nature, I'm creative. My favorite outlet is, by far, writing. But I also like to scrapbook, decorate our home and, especially, crochet. Since I don't like to watch movies or most tv without doing something else during, crocheting is a good fit. I can hear what's happening on whatever I'm watching with Craig, but I feel productive while I work on my project. And there's nothing like curling up with an afghan I made with my own two hands or knotting my newest scarf on a cold winter day.

However, my favorite of favorite projects is a new purse. Though I don't especially like carrying a purse for myself- if it don't fit in the pocket, it ain't necessary - I've found it's helpful now that I have three wee ones. And, since I certainly am NOT going to carry a diaper bag, purse, activity tote, and the like, I choose to wear a satchel-style purse. This lets me drape the monster across my body thereby freeing my hands to chase said wee ones and, of course, hold all their varied paraphernalia of crafts, schoolwork, coats, and snacks that somehow - ??!?! - find their way into my previously empty hands. Sigh. The big tote also leaves room for the extra diaper on Sundays, gloves and lotion on days of brrrr, and the crucial supply of chapsticks, tissues, pens, and sippies.

So here's the latest creation. Working out well so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment