Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Is Love Blind?

Craig turned 37 on January 2nd. It's funny - I look at my husband and realize he's fast approaching 40, but in my heart's and mind's eye, he's still the 21-year-old man I saw walking down a hallway carrying his Bible as I thought, "This is it. This is the one. I love this man." Sometimes I wonder if he'll always be this picture in mind even when gray peppers his brow and laugh lines crease his eyes. If I asked some endearing elderly man married some 60 years who still pulls his wife's chair out to seat her, would he tell me his eye still sees the woman he saw walking down the aisle in white? Is love blind in the absence-of-vanity, truly-see-your-soul kind of way?

I hope so. I believe so. For it is so...at least for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment