Tuesday, January 26, 2010

It's a New Dawn. It's a New Day.

Sometimes I wonder if I see only what I want to see, if maybe what I imagine is as plain as the nose on my face (being as how it's as substantial as it is) is simply a trick of my mind. A play of my imagination.

I'd guess, sometimes, that's true. I'm sure, sometimes, that's false. I know the trick is in knowing the difference. And, like most renderings I'm considering these days, that trick leads back to faith. I at least can say the following is what I saw for sure. It was really there, like it was sitting on my porch waiting to be discovered, a specially-wrapped package holding I didn't know what.





And here's what I saw IN this picture: a pocket of hope. It appeared suddenly, like an explosion - GASP - rather than a slow emerging in a photo bath. The reds got redder...

The pocket got bigger...




And my hope was renewed.
Beyond that, I got nothin'.
So I just told Him, "Thank you."




No comments:

Post a Comment