Saturday, January 16, 2010

A Different World

When I went to bed Monday, the world was as I knew it. When I awoke Tuesday morning, I went about my day. I prepared Craig's and Grace's lunches. I fed my children their breakfast. I kissed my husband and bid him a marvelous day. I met with a friend for coffee and cleaned my house. At 02:53:10 PM (MST), I was readying to fetch my children from school and thinking about what to make for dinner...all relatively mundane, normal activities. Except that the world was changing at that precise moment in Haiti. And a dear friend's life was changing right along with it.

The Face of a Friend

 
Now the world is different. Surreal. Ethereal, even, as we await news of David's survival. I try not to allow negative thoughts for they are as worthless as a quick mist, vanishing fast and taking my hope with it. So our family forges ahead as supporters -  believers in every sense of the word - standing in the gap for Renee. And Aidan. And Zander. I will not relent until I have final confirmation: I do not stand in a room with Renee. I am not digging in the rubble. I cannot fix or even understand what is happening. But I will love them with my prayer and belief in all fashions of miracles. 

And I will stand with them in their different world. 
 

"For he will command his angels concerning you
       to guard you in all your ways; they will lift you up in their hands,
       so that you will not strike your foot against a stone." Ps. 91: 11-12

No comments:

Post a Comment