Thursday, September 30, 2010

Walking Tacos

So easy.
So good.
Make a batch today.
(I sound like Rachel Ray. Shudder).

Here's how you do it.

Get the snack size bags of Doritos (any kind you'd like). I've heard tell Fritos can also be tasty, btw.

Cook up your tasty meat: I use a taco-seasoned ground turkey to take the edge off...rather like ordering a Diet Coke with your Big Mac, I know. But there you go, anyway.

Cut open the side of your snack bag: this will act like your "plate". Now, my friend Jessi, from high school, reminds me that you should crunch up the chips a bit: I don't do this, but she makes a valid point since crunched are a bit easier chips to manhandle into the mouth.

Layer on your meet, cheese, sour cream, rice, taco sauce - whatever frivolities you love to stack high onto your normal tacos.


Then stick a fork in it: you're done.


Walking Taco.

Famous at midwestern fairs, monster truck rallies, baseball games...and, yes, Colorado dinner plates.

(And just in case you didn't catch it, the advice of the sign is free...but nonetheless valuable. Take it from someone who lives with words in her belly. Wink.).

No comments:

Post a Comment