Monday, January 11, 2010

Holy-huh?

Being holy is hard. Any concept that it elementally tough to define...well, you know it's going to be even harder to live it. To me, simply put, holiness is the condition of existing as Christ's character. Set apart. Consecrated. Living well as well is defined. By Him. Despite my fleshly tendencies. I struggle most in this area in one key way: overlooking others' sins and failures as they relate to my relationship with them.

It's a lifelong, ain't never gonna stop, hard-hitting, character-building, roller-coaster ride of total success and complete failure...and everything in between. But, like most things, it's worth the effort it takes when I hear Him saying to my soul, "Well done. That's it. You are capable of this." And the brutality of hearing Him say, "That's not me. Not this time. Try again." is always enough to make me want to do better. Be better. Be holy.

No comments:

Post a Comment