Thursday, February 2, 2012

Overhaul Your Soul

February has arrived, and you know what that means.

Yeah, you have no idea, do ya.

Well, for Cadbury, it's time to crack some eggs. For Whitman's, it's time to blend the chocolate. And for Swiss Miss, it's time to stir the cocoa - extra marshmallows, please.

For the Covak's, it's time to mark Month of Love. You can hit the link to get an overview and history, but the box of chocolates synopsis?
If you get crazy about it, it'll become a habit. And habits will become ways of life. Ways of life change the soul. And souls change the world.
Every day in February is a cleaned-and-cleared slate to commit acts of love. Put love thoughts in the atmosphere. Get a bit more crazy and a skosh less restrained...all in the name of love. Love done His way. Carried my way. Their way. Heck, why not your way, too?

The month of January is about the planning. Yes, it takes a month. But that's just because I'm me and, well, my "me" is anal-retentively intentional, irrationally organized and, as a result, restricted to a month's worth of plotting and pinning. (I mean pinning, literally...I actuallly created a Month of Love board on Pinterest to gather all the state-of-the-heart brainstorms out there.) This year, the parts and parcels of the particulars, though, I've bound with a different string for, if I've learned but one thing from this family experiment, it is this:

Give God an inch on the subject of love, He'll re-plot your course a mile.
Months of Love have taught my soul a lesson or two on rejoicing over it, laboring in it, relishing within it, pausing for it, basking after it, catching it, releasing it, and creating it...in the fashion of the ultra-cool. But, in all these, my hand did not steer the wheel. You just gotta' go with the flow - another little dittie learned in the month slotted 2.

It is in this way, we get crazy.
Build habits.
Make new lives.
Overhaul our souls.
Change the world.

This year, I made us a reminder to press beneath a glass and checkmark as we go. (I printed it, framed it 8x10 style, and centered it on our kitchen table. We'll let the kiddos use a Dry-Erase marker to fill in the bullets.)

 It's our manifesto and edict...to get the little's done and, so, see the big.
The best.
Which is love.
Which is Him.

Overhaul your soul.
Month of Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment