Wednesday, February 23, 2011

My Here and Now

"If I had portal..."

Did you know this is the beginning of most of my favorite sentences?

If I had a portal to South Carolina, I'd watch House with Amy, drinking a margarita while crunching on chips and "Who is Kaiser Salsa?"

If I had a portal to Alaska, I'd be watching It Happened One Night with Jessi, drinking caramel lattes, and gorging on chocolate and Moose's Tooth pizza.

If I had a portal to my childhood, I'd say, "Sustain. You make it in the end."

If I had a portal to college, I'd say, "You're right to choose Him. He is far better than your best mind could imagine."

If I had a portal to my wedding day, I'd say, "Memorize its beauty...and know the best is yet to come."

If I had a portal to heaven, I'd sit on my dad's knee.

And if I had a portal to the future, I'd close it.

I already have all the wishes of those portals.
I am blessed such connections have even existed.
Blessed generously.
Beyond measure.

So I don't need to see what's next.
I've got the best story already.
I've got my here and now.

No comments:

Post a Comment