Thursday, February 23, 2012

Whacked Out Underdogs

Give me an underdog, and I'll root for 'em.
Unless they're underhanded, nasty, or reek from the stench of greed, disloyalty, and rage.
In that case, I'd have to turn the channel from "The Bachelor".

Ba-bum-bum. And don't go clicking the red x quite yet - I promise I'm going somewhere with this.

I don't like the show, mainly because I think it borderlines prostitution and makes a mockery of any version of love you can give me...except for the one that's steeped in the hot waters of greed, disloyalty, and rage. But, given that that's not love anyhoo, I reckon I'm safe.

P.S.: If you really want to get into a blurb of excellent notions on the matter, check out one of my fave bloggers over at her writing pad. She gives some pristine insight on the subject of The Final Freaking Rose.

P.S.S.: If you're still wondering when I'm going to deliver on my promise of going somewhere with this, it's comin' at you right now.

There really is something good to be found in most of the bad's you scrub. "The Bachelor" is a perfect example, actually, for if I were to list some of the high-qual women I know who tune in every....wait, what night is that disaster on?...you might not actually be shocked. I mean, we can all read the Nielson posts. But you might stop and ask the same question that halts my gait: Why do so many good folk watch such a bad show?

Because they don't think it's bad. Or not bad enough to stop watching. Or not so bad they actually feel bad about watching it. Also, they are good people. And, while I'm at it, I could up with a thing or two - or thirty - I have engaged that aren't bad at their seed: they're just not great quality, either. They're empty. Or pointless.

They're also a release. So why not let it be what it is? Do I really see God as so small that some rich guy with bad hair, bad manners, bad common sense, and bad girl history can outreach His touch on us all? 

So here's the crux: In a world gone so grossly bad, good people are the underdogs I'm rooting for. The rest of it is just a preoccupation from a dastardly world that would rather chew us up and spit us out than put us before a red curtain and shower us with roses.

Or was that last week's episode?

No comments:

Post a Comment