Friday, April 2, 2010

Getaway Glimpse: A Hairy Christian??

The Setting: Exiting the museum, Elijah's with me and Judsen as Craig and Grace bring up the rear. A woman approaches with books and pamphlets sing-songing, "Hare Krishna."


The Dialogue:

Elijah (to me): Is that woman wearing a sheet? It doesn't match the sheet on her bottom. Do you think she knows?
Me: Ummmmmm......

I politely "No thank you" her offer of materials and hear Craig quickly do the same behind me.
We all move toward the car and, after a few minutes of walking...


Craig: Did you hear that, Grace? That woman doesn't even know me and she just called me a hairy Christian!

Grace (who defines literal, you realize): Really!?! Maybe she's pathetic! (Boy, I hope she meant "prophetic.")

Daddy stirring the pot again.

No comments:

Post a Comment