Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Today Was a Good Day

When I die, I want just one line for my epitaph: She knew how to love.

This is my quest in life. For, if I can love...really love...then I will be a good wife. 
I will be a good mother. 
A good teacher. 
A good writer. 
A good neighbor. 

I will be a good friend.
Today, I received a rare and prized opportunity to love one of my three dearest friends. Just love her. I simply went where she needed me to go. No big deal. No broad stroke. But it eased her load. Her life. Her spirit. So she was blessed. Which then meant I was, too.

Today, I received the priceless news that another of my three dearest friends is renewed in mind, body, and spirit, re-armed to face life's harshness with her cup of love overflowing. By standing with her...just standing with her...through a season of great trial - agonizing and harsh - and speaking truth in love, she bore it. And has come through to the other side. No big deal. No broad stroke. But it eased her load. Her life. Her spirit. So she was blessed. Which then meant I was, too.

 Today, I got to love. And I got so much more in return.

Today was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment