Saturday, June 11, 2011

This One's a Gem

I have a special term of endearment for quality women I have the privilege of knowing: I call them gems.

Yesterday, this gem turned 24.

The Lovely 47 got together for dinner, destination her choice. Not fancy enough for ya?

Well, we bought her dinner (some dates don't even do that, I remind you).

And I made her a purse. Because she's trendy and cool like friends in their almost-mid 20s often are. It'll be the perfect date accessory.

Of course, it will likely accompany her on a date with this bag's owner...Miss Becca - because she had a birthday just recently and finally received her purse, too.

Yes, yes: I know it's cheesy. Still, I can't help but love that two of the
perfectly-gifted pleasures of my life now have perfectly-paired purses to sport.

Smile.

Sooooo, the food was good...
 and the company, as always, was even better. Which seems fancy enough to me...really, to us all.

 The Lovely 47 (l-r: Becca, Lynne, Jess, Michelle "Zee", me)

Because celebrating the day God sent this gal to earth was the best of all.

Cuz she's hysterical. And a giver above and beyond your best, broadest definition of the term. She's a spigot of genuine love and authenticity. With striking eyes that truly are a window to her soul. And what a soul you are, you gorgeous friend.

You remind me why I came up with the term of endearment in the first place.

Because, seriously, folks....
          
                      this one's a gem.

No comments:

Post a Comment