Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Prettiest Picture of All

"The Lovely 47" is what my sweet friend, Becca, calls the group of us gals in Life Group 47.

Our church expresses care, community, and connection to one another through the medium of Life Groups which are, essentially, little pods of families you can join across city, age, gender, and family demographics with the hope of finding smaller, more intimate relationships within a larger family of believers.

If you love family, then you love this concept.

And it's hard because (is there a mockingbird in here?) relationship is hard. But this group of fantastic women bless me just by letting me know them; they are unequivocal proof that an investment of love made through the gesture of friendship yields only monumental rewards.

 (l-r, me, Zee, Becca, Lynn, Jessica)

Into their lives, I am welcomed to come inside and sit for a spell. Within their families, I find example and sacrifice beyond self. In their company, I find wisdom, insight, perspective, spunk, bouts of hysterical giggles, gentility, encouragement, silly candor, and spontaneous hugs with love galore. We are meandering the cobblestone roads of life together...and I am loving our journey.

Recently, we spent our Mother's Day evening getting pedicures then sipping wine and margaritas over some yummy eats.

As you can see, our toes were gorgeous...
...but the way we bring His light out of one another...

...while sharing a few laughs along the way...

...well, that's the prettiest picture of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment