Saturday, September 12, 2009

So I have this one friend...

Ha! Fooled you, didn't I? I realize that a sentence birthed with these 6 fearsome words can go many directions...and ain't none of 'em good, you know what I mean? Case in three points:
1. "So I have this friend and she told me recently she has inappropriate attractions." (Bad)
2. "So I have this friend and she told me recently she was attracted to my husband." (Worse)
3. "So I have this friend and she told me recently she was attracted to me." (Um....what?!)
But this time this introductory phrase bears no such lamentation; rather, it references a friend who, upon reading this very post, is already laughing out loud...probably in some totally inappropriate timing or space, if history proves correct.
My friend is loud. She is not for the faint of heart. She is loud and not for the faint of heart because she's bursting with a passion for life and the love of Jesus Christ.
My friend is audacious. She is not for the timid and secretive. She is audacious and not for the timid and secretive because she believes in being true to whom God's made you to be, without reservation or shame or fear.
My friend is brilliant. She is not for the dim-witted who would rather hide from risk than go beyond themselves to embrace the world. She is not for the dim-witted who are unwilling to risk because, despite disadvantages and obstacles, she has risen above to become a compassionate, loyal servant to her beloveds.
My friend belongs to Jesus. She belongs to her husband. She belongs to her daughter and also to her son. And she belongs to me. And, if you're blessed to meet her, she could belong to you, too.
My friend is an example to me. My friend is my favorite bee.
I thank God for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment