Saturday, April 30, 2011

I Sat in the Sun With a Winner...Again

Today, I Sat in the Sun With a Winner.
Again.
As we've done many times before.

But, every time I leave this winner, I think, "That was our best time!"
To her, I hear myself saying, "I know just what you mean!" again and again.

Today, we talked about text and narrative arcs
and gushed over our mutual love of the genre "memoir".
We spoke of mothering and marriage and what's ahead for the summer.
Of MLA, APA, and who-the-heck-can-figure-out-Chicago.
Of classrooms and churches and all types of friends.

But the best was just dwelling.
Thanking God for how He sent her to me...in the most unusual of ways.
And pondering how each of us should have this type of friend...
even if you find He's sent you just one.
Because mornings spent like this one create memories that linger...

if you find that you Sat in the Sun With a Winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment