Friday, April 8, 2011

I Like My Odds

I'm at a point in life where I'm more interested in letting it go than hanging on to it.

I'm warmed to know so many of my friends from high school are married to the loves of their lives.

I'm excited that Blue Bell ice cream really is pretty good - it wasn't just spin.

I'm proud of those I'm proud of...and they know who they are. I tell them every chance I get while I'm wondering how I got so blessed to find them.

I'm happy to be in love and happier still to know it's real.

I'm far more intoxicated by the praises of life than by the complaints against it.

I'm less for random emotion and more for solid thinking. (Okay, that's not new. But still important.)

I'm celebrating a friend at a party tonight. Just because she was born.

And I spent the afternoon playing with my youngest son and marveling at his tiny body which, to him, could leap a tall building.

If all of life were a Facebook wall, I'd be hitting Like way more than Dislike.

I have found perspective.

Which wasn't all that hard to do actually.

It's holding on to it that's the challenge.

But if my progress so far is any indication...
well...
I like my odds.

No comments:

Post a Comment