Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Don't Go On Road Trips with An Herbalist and A Pet Detective. I Mean It.

I've lost count (hey, what comes after 4?) how many times the buddies have sent this my way.
It's so nice of you all to notice that - by extension of the Loosed Red Pen Plague called comp teaching - I'm locked in The Great Debate.

Boring? That yawn threatening to pop your jaw?

Can't say I blame you.
Wait! 
Yes, I can!

Because this wee mite of punctuation packs a powerful punch - especially if you end up in one of those awkward moments where what you meant to get was a giggle, but what you actually got was the Facebook block and email drop.

Here's a not-too-shabby lesson. But let me hit their bullseye.

Oxford: Amanda found herself in the Winnebago with her ex-boyfriend, an herbalist, and a pet detective.

No Oxford: Amanda found herself in the Winnebago with her ex-boyfriend, an herbalist and a pet detective.

Just punctuate.
If you end up on a road trip with an herbalist and a pet detective (um, or worse), 
it's entirely your fault.
Don't say I didn't warn ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment