Thursday, January 19, 2012

Thanks...to You

Today has been a good day.
I needed a good day.

I'm talkin' a really, really, good day: the kind that promotes the blatant and unapologetic use of copious amounts of deadwood to accentuate how really good it actually was.

Of the many splendors of this day, I made not one. Not in any way, by any stretch of my hand, did I create the good. Which left me sopping up the gravy of a day I didn't imagine, certainly didn't create, and undoubtedly don't deserve.

It was a Pilates class, a dress exchange, and an appointment with a horse. It was escalators in a mall and a voice in the mail. It was a thank you note, a stranger, and seven of the most delightful digits on the number line. It was the voice at the end of 0936, moonlight in 9-8 time, and a reminder that it is You.

It is always You.

Today has been a good day.
I needed a good day.

So, thanks...
    to You.

No comments:

Post a Comment