Thursday, October 6, 2011

A Legacy I'm All For

You don't raise a hero, you raise a son.
And if you treat him like a son,
he'll turn out to be a hero,
Even if it's just in the eyes of his child.

Tuesday evening was parent-teacher conference night for team C&C. Both went well, but it was a moment we spent with Elijah's teacher, Kate, that marked the highlight for me. E's class completed a worksheet which answered the question of "Who is your hero?" Kate pulled our son's worksheet from her file folder telling us she teared up when she read it. 

And then I did, too.

There is no one in this world - and I mean...In. This. World. - that I admire and esteem more than my husband. He is, to my grown-up heart, the very best of what a man can be.

It would seem our son's little-boy heart agrees.

 
                                                     
You don't raise a hero, you raise a son.
And if you treat him like a son,
he'll turn out to be a hero,
Even if it's just in the eyes of his child.


That's a legacy I'm all for.

No comments:

Post a Comment