Saturday, May 28, 2011

I'm Blessed to Know a Few

Recently, my buddy, Amy A, remarked that I sure do know a lot of quality ladies in a wide range of quality areas. Whether because it came up in such an off-guard context or because she caught me in a rare moment of contemplating nothing but space, the thought struck me particularly hard.

And it is a true statement.

One gal who falls into the category I call "Just Get Happy Standing Next to Her" is Mandy Houle. She's a wife, mother, at-home teacher, daughter, granddaughter, pastor-past, and (the piez de resistance) a blogger!  This exceptional lady has a heart bigger than big...mightier than the mightiest, and she loves Jesus deeply. So, when the ripe-but-not-wilting age of 30 came a knockin', she (not surprisingly) found herself having a little somethin' to say about inspiring others to reach beyond their borders. So she wrote about it and titled it "30 on 30 for 30".

And introduced me to The Adventure Project.

Now, here's the thing: if you've any kind of heart in any way under any mantle of care for the world outside your front door, you should take a look. I know some of my readers don't share my life belief of calling Jesus Christ your Lord and Savior. Some of you come at Truth from a different angle or from no angle at all. This is one of those non-profits that exists outside the bounds of religion or theology or customs or traditions to, as the co-founders Becky Straw and Jody Landers most simply explain, "believe we can end extreme poverty in our lifetime by reinventing how we give. Ways that spur economic opportunity, promote dignity, & save lives."

Check it out...read their vision, see about getting involved.

The click costs you nothing. 
Not clicking, could cost someone everything.
And it's been my experience that what inspires Mandy is, in fact, inspiring.

Don't be surprised if the quest leaves you wondering aloud, "Now, do I have a friend like Candice's Mandy?" If you do, go hug their neck. If you don't....

                  well, apparently, you need only to hang a bit with me.

Seems I'm blessed to know a few.

1 comment:

  1. thank you candice (for your words and the plug)
    love ya!

    ReplyDelete